Friday, June 3, 2011

Support systems

Been a while. Sorry about that. Can't begin to explain why, but let's just move on to the real good stuff: workouts! :)

Earlier this morning I mentioned teamwork and peer pressure as a great means of motivation for working out and getting fit, and I cannot stress this enough. Finding a gym partner, a workout group, a class or anything that brings you into a group dynamic for working out is the BEST way of making sure you stick to your workouts.

It's really hard to motivate yourself. It is, I promise. Even the most dedicated fitness enthusiasts need outside motivation sometimes to stay at the gym, get through a whole class or even get up in the morning in time for a workout. We need the support of our friends sometimes to drive us through to our fitness goals.

Sometimes finding a gym partner or a class can be hard, I know. I wish my friend Raven lived near me so we could be gym rats together. It's hard for me to find anyone who wants to go to the gym super early like I do. But I'm kind of hoping that I can be that friend for some of you and you guys can be that friend for me through this blog.

I plan on posting some video blog entries soon featuring yoga poses, stretches, exercises and dance moves. Any thoughts on that? Would you guys like to see some of that? If so, do you want me to do anything specific? I'm completely open to anything fitness related that my readers want to see and learn. I am here for you, and your support is absolutely amazing to me. Thank you. :)

2 comments:

  1. Dear Jenne,

    As someone just getting in to working out in an every single day capacity, what sort of things would you suggest for general fitness until one gets up stamina for more advanced things? I've been (on the advice of another fitness junky friend of mine) doing ten reps of several simple exercises every hour. Push ups, squats, jumping jacks, etc, and walking a few miles a couple times a week.

    And seeing dance moves would be awesome. I could always use more in my repertoire!

    -Joshua Ernest

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Im going back and reading all your posts now, so if you answered any of that, sorry for asking for a refresher. :-)

    ReplyDelete