Thursday, March 22, 2012

Learning curve

So I've been put on exercise restriction of sorts, and I won't lie. It sucks for me. I literally get high off working out, and it's been like withdrawal this past week not to be allowed to start my day with mega-endorphins. Ive also been given a meal plan which also sucks but in a different way than many might think. But I have learned a few things I want to share with you all.

The main thing I've learned is that it is possible to overtrain. It is possible to stress your body out with too much exercise. My advice for this that I am taking for myself is to train smarter, not longer. Give a little bit less time to give more effort in a shorter session. You'll get a lot of calorie burn and endorphins, AND the bonus of some free time.

Even if you eat so healthy like I do, you have to make sure you're getting your macronutrients. Don't count calories! Count your proteins, carbs and fats if anything. But really just try to find a balance between eating right and eating enough to fuel yourself.

The last thing I'll share is something I learned while learning to calculate macronutrients. Um, nutrition facts labels are allowed to lie about calorie counts. It's true they are given a certain "percentage of error" but until I started these calculations, I had no idea how off some of them were! Something I've been eating that was 140 cal on the package was actually 207!!! I'm sorry but that's a huge difference! Enough to make me swear off ever counting calories again! Besides, you enjoy your meals more when they aren't math problems. Lol

So this is what I've learned and I really hope you guys find this as useful as I have. I'm not sure it's changed anything yet, but I'll keep you all updated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment