Friday, April 1, 2011

My Routine

I had a friend on Facebook request that I post my workout routine. I'm sorry I've been so absent from posting, but wedding plans and homework have taken over my life! And the big day is only 2 days away now!!! WOW!!!

But this morning I had an epic workout. It felt so nice to just have the time to myself and focus on my body and my spirit for a little while. Working out always feels so good.

My routine:

60 minutes: Elliptical/Run to get my heart rate up and burn calories at the start of the day.
15 minutes: A different form of cardio to get oxygen flowing through different muscles (Bicycling, Rowing, Dancing, etc)
20 minutes: Weight training. Different muscle groups each day, alternating by areas of the body (Lower, upper, abs/core). I typically do at least 3 exercises for the muscle group in 3 sets of 10-20 (or 50 if its an abs day).
10 minutes: Stretch all muscles in the body (This is THE MOST IMPORTANT part!!)

And if I'm lucky enough to have the time that day, I take a class as well. I love Spin class, Yoga, and ZUMBA the best :)

What's your routine?

1 comment: