Monday, September 13, 2010

Routine

I was asked by a friend to post one of my fitness routines on here, so people could see how I stay so fit. Honestly, I do have a routine, but my overall fitness comes from being active in general. There really is no set routine for this. The best way to get slim and stay fit is to just be as active as you can in daily life. I choose dance. What's your fitness gateway?

My "routine" though pretty much goes like this.

1. Get up and head straight to the gym.
---Working out before eating and before the day begins is the best way to jumpstart your metabolism. Although if you're doing weight lifting, its best to eat something with protein about an hour beforehand.

2. Run on the elliptical for 60 minutes and finish off cardio with stationary bicycle for 10 minutes to cool down.

3. Stretch for 10 minutes. Thorough stretching!

4. A few weight bearing exercises to tone my mid section (100 crunches, incline situps, sidebends, etc. Whatever I feel like that day)

5. Dance -- At least a short run through of a few songs in the set to get out some kinks and keep it fresh in my muscle memory. Sometimes I'll freestyle a bit or break out my tap shoes for fun if the gym allows it. There's usually one open room where I can let loose and practice with my ipod on.


And that's pretty much it. This can vary from day to day depending on how much time I have (like if I only have an hour, I'll just do my cardio and then head out, saving the stretches for before bed). As long as I get my cardio in I'm okay. That's me: cardio junkie!




BONUS: regular exercise helps you sleep better too. No Joke. I never toss and turn anymore now that I am getting so much cardio in. As soon as my head hits the pillow I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment