Monday, September 20, 2010

Temptations

So I'm sitting at this coffee house, doing my homework and I can feel the Three Layer cake calling to me. Its probably one of the best cakes I've ever tasted, and it's literally screaming "EAT ME!" from behind the back-lit, refrigerated glass case. I do want it, but I have to know where my priorities are at the same time.

I have a gig that we leave for in just a few days, one where I will certainly have to wear a half top costume and plenty of swimsuits (The Gothic Cruise). As much as I know I want that cake, I have to be good and keep my diet on track. One slice of thee layer cake probably has over 600 calories in it, and this is probably a severe underestimation.

Not to mention all the temptations there will be on the cruise. All the food and drink I could ever want will be right at my fingertips. It will be hard to resist.

That's the thing though. We all have these temptations, and we all think we should ALWAYS resist. That's not true. Just as I will surely give in and have some sweets and savories on the cruise, you all should not constantly deny yourselves these foods and drinks you love "for the sake of your diet". Now I don't recommend eating a huge slice of 1000 calorie cake every day, but maybe splitting a slice with a friend once a week would be a nice way to have some sweets in moderation. And think of how much your friend will love you for the cake!

Temptations aren't all bad, especially if we can get a bit of pleasure from a taste of something delectable every once in a while. How will i ensure that my temptations wont nix my hard work before the show? Easy: the boat has a gym :)

And I have to know that there is a balance. If I do eat this huge piece of layer cake or some kind of pastry that probably breaks my calorie bank, I have to balance the rest of my day out with healthy things in order to make sure I don't overload and overstuff myself. Some days, knowing I'll be going out to dinner that night, I concentrate on eating mostly fruits and veggies throughout the day, to give myself a bit of a buffer for splurging that night. If you keep your net calories at a decent amount for your weight goals, size and appetite, then you'll be fine to splurge a little. It's all a game of give and take.

SO GIVE IN SOMETIMES! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment