Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Aggression Therapy - A holiday must!

So there are many things associated with the Holidays, and there's one that is common among just about everyone aside from parties, presents and preparing large family meals: Aggression.

The Holidays bring tidings of joy, sure, but they also bring traffic, crowds, disgruntled shoppers and even more disgruntled family members. Frustration, anger and aggression are all part of the holiday experience! This is where your workout is crucial, though.

This morning, I woke up frustrated that I STILL have no internet (hence my lack of post yesterday), angry at the fact that I don't have time to dance as much as I'm used to lately, and truly pissed off at the fact that there are NO places to get Chanukah candles or foods anywhere near me. I have basically missed almost every night of Chanukah at this point. Let's hope I can get something to light and eat tonight as it's the last night.

But this morning, I was dealing with AT&T about my internet, and as they were frustrating me to no end, I decided to get on my elliptical while I was on the phone with them. I started the conversation with a huge chip on my shoulder, but by the time I'd gotten through a few miles of running, I was much more friendly to the CSR (which I'm sure she appreciated). This is what we all must do to get through the season without killing a beloved family member or mowing down other customers at the stores.

Feeling Angry or frustrated? Take it out on the ground you're running on. Take your aggression out at the gym on the weight machines. Take a soothing yoga class and empty your head of all of your negative thoughts. Trust me, by the end of your workout, you're going to be feeling much better, both mentally and physically. What's better than feeling less angry and feeling more healthy and fit? I can hardly think of anything (except all that AND pie!)

1 comment:

  1. there was a jew fest at the Landing a few days back...saturday i think. I thought of you!!

    ReplyDelete